Looking for a Long Beach car accident attorney?
In the blink of an eye, your life can change forever. When you or a loved one suffers a personal injury from a car accident, bicycle, or motorcycle accident it’s important to know what vital steps to take, and who can help. A Long Beach car accident attorney can ease the process, and help you feel confident during a difficult time. A survey published in 2017 by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration stated that 35,092 people lost their lives, in 2015 from car accident & motorcycle accidents. That same year, many Long Beach car accidents involved personal injury, paralysis, and in some tragic cases, fatality.
Who is at risk for car accidents?
In truth, there is a marked amount of risk every time we enter a vehicle. Even the most skillful, and experienced drivers can become involved in car accidents. According to Forbes, the car insurance industry suggests that you will possibly file a claim once every 17 to18 years. So if you obtained a driver’s license at the age of 16, you will possibly have 3-4 accidents during your entire lifetime. While this statistic may be a little bleak, it’s a little comforting to know that not all of these car accidents will be your fault.
Leading Causes of Car Accidents in Long Beach, CA
However, Long Beach car accident statistics are not uncommon with the majority of the rest of California. In fact, the reasons for car accidents in Long Beach, CA are shared with the rest of the country. While most consider themselves to be safe drivers, it’s not always the case. Many factors can contribute to having a car accident leading to personal injury. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration revealed that the most popular causes of car accidents & deadly crashes are caused by the following:
- Road rage– The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration performed a study stating that around 30% of all car accidents are caused by road rage. Many people lose their lives each year from car accidents related to vengeful driving.
- Distracted driving –Driving while doing other things. This includes taking your eyes off the road for anything. In 2015, 3500 lives were claimed due to texting, eating, drinking, watching videos, reading, caring for children, or talking on the phone.
- Driving Under the Influence-(DUI), operating a vehicle of any kind while physically impaired by alcohol or drugs.
- Speeding-Driving faster than the speed limit makes it harder for you to avoid pedestrians, pitfalls, and other road hazards. Speeding kills.
- Racing– We’ve all seen the Fast & the Furious- street racing is another cause of car accidents in the United States.
- Careless & reckless driving-driving without proper training, a license or just blatantly not observing the rules of the road.
- Improper lane changes-weaving in and out of traffic isn’t just bad for you and the passengers, it’s a dangerous driving tactic that causes many car accidents and injuries.
- Severe Weather– Take a page from Dorothy and Toto and don’t drive in inclement weather. Emergency kits are always helpful when you get caught in a storm. Torrential rains, fog, thunderstorms, tornadoes, sleet, snow, and even high heat temperatures have all taken part in causing car accidents and personal injury.
Just had a Car Accident?
Almost without warning, you can experience a car accident. These split second accidents can greatly alter the course of our lives. Many car accidents are experienced by pedestrians, motorcyclists, bikers without helmets, and passengers traveling without restraints. A number of these of Long Beach personal injury accidents can lead to paralysis, loss of limb, and in severe cases, death. Fortunately, if you have experienced a car accident, there are a great selection of Long Beach car accident attorneys.
What you might be asking if you’ve had a Long Beach accident
If you have recently experienced a personal injury due to a car accident, whether you are at fault of not, you might be asking yourself these questions:
- How could this have happened to me?
- What kind of medical professional do I need to see?
- How will I pay my medical bills and expenses?
- I didn’t have insurance at the time of the accident, can you help?
- What if I was driving under the influence?
- What if I was speeding?
- Do I need to find an attorney?
- Can I afford an attorney?
- Where can I get help?
If you’re looking for the best Long Beach Car Accident Attorney
Our easy to read tips will help you make the right choice. You’ve just experienced one of the most traumatic incidences in your life, a roadway collision. Your mind is racing, and your thoughts are spiraling out of control. What should you do? How can you get help? Finding a trustworthy car accident might feel like parting the red sea, however, it’s so important to do your research.
Top Questions to ask a Long Beach Car Accident Attorney
Most importantly, choosing the right Long Beach car accident attorney can be detrimental. An attorney needs to be experienced in handling roadway collisions, and personal injury cases. They should also care about you, and not how much they will be compensated. Begin your search for the best Long Beach accident attorney by asking these questions:
- How long have you been a Long Beach car accident attorney?
- How long does it take to resolve personal injury cases like mine?
- What is your contingency fee?
- Do you often take accident cases to trial?
- Recently, how many cases have you settled?
- How long have you studied personal injury accidents?
- Have you handled other clients with cases similar to mine?
- Are you a part of a BAR (professional body of lawyers) association, or organization?
- What areas of law do you specialize?
- How many cases are you currently handling?
- How long will it take for you to return phone calls?
- Can you provide references from past clients?
Finally, in a time of personal tragedy, it’s important to work with a trustworthy, reliable attorney. The right kind Long Beach car accident attorney is one that is looking out for you. Long Beach has a wide array of attorneys, take time, ask questions and choose the right one. that are loo is to educate yourself, and find someone you can trust.
Lastly, are you looking for more information about a motorcycle accident attorney?