Find the right Long Beach car accident Lawyer FAST!
Finding a Long Beach car accident lawyer isn’t easy, but one day you might need one. Each year over 1.3 million people lose their lives in car accidents. Long Beach accidents have become more and more frequent. In just a moment a personal injury from a car or motorcycle accident can change your life forever. When a situation like that occurs, you’ll want to have a personal injury lawyer, in your corner, guiding you through the entire process. Car accidents are serious. This year alone, many Long Beach tourists and residents suffered car accidents involving great personal injury, with some ending fatally.
Who is at risk for car accidents?
If you are operating a moving vehicle, you are able to have an accident. Even well-seasoned drivers can become involved in car accidents. Forbes reports that it’s probable that you’ll file a claim, at least once every 17 to18 years. That means, if you obtained a driver’s license at the age of 16, you could potentially end up having 3-4 accidents at some point in your lifetime. Fortunately, with an ounce of prevention, it’s possible to avoid the most popular causes of car accidents.
Leading Causes of Car Accidents in Long Beach, CA
Another interesting fact, Long Beach car accident statistics are not uncommon with the majority of the rest of California. Most accidents occur along popular Long Beach highways like I-710, I-40, and I-80. Reasons for car accidents in Long Beach, CA are shared with the rest of the country. Highways, freeways, & congested traffic make for the perfect conditions for car accidents and thus injuries to occur. While most of us consider ourselves fairly safe drivers, it’s not always the case. Many factors contribute to having a car accident leading. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration revealed that the most popular causes of car accidents & deadly crashes are caused by the following:
- Road rage– The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration performed a study stating that around 30% of all car accidents are caused by road rage. Many people lose their lives each year from car accidents related to vengeful driving.
- Distracted driving –Driving while doing other things. This includes taking your eyes off the road for anything. In 2015, 3500 lives were claimed due to texting, eating, drinking, watching videos, reading, caring for children, or talking on the phone.
- Driving Under the Influence-(DUI), operating a vehicle of any kind while physically impaired by alcohol or drugs.
- Speeding-Driving faster than the speed limit makes it harder for you to avoid pedestrians, pitfalls, and other road hazards. Speeding kills.
- Racing– We’ve all seen the Fast & the Furious- street racing is another cause of car accidents in the United States.
- Careless & reckless driving-driving without proper training, a license or just blatantly not observing the rules of the road.
- Improper lane changes-weaving in and out of traffic isn’t just bad for you and the passengers, it’s a dangerous driving tactic that causes many car accidents and injuries.
- Severe Weather– Severe weather can strike at any time. Torrential rains, fog, thunderstorms, tornadoes, sleet, snow, and even high heat temperatures have all taken part in causing car accidents and personal injury.
Car accidents can leave you feeling bewildered and uncertain. There’s an old saying, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” Taking a few simple steps to prevent a car accident, or personal injury will help if disaster strikes.
What to do BEFORE you have an accident
The following is a helpful guide to benefit you in the event of a car accident or personal injury.
- Pack an Emergency/Safety kit– If you have been in a car accident, you’ll need help fast. Depending on the location, you’ll need to make sure you’re visible & safe until help arrives. The right emergency kit could save your life.
- Always have important documents-Be prepared with all of your legal documents (license, insurance, vehicle registration, health information, family contact information) The best place for these items is in your glove compartment.
- Charged cell phone-before you travel, make sure you have a full charge on your cell phone.
What to do after a minor car accident
If you’ve just experienced a car accident, whether in the Long Beach area or not, there are a few things you’ll want to remember to do:
- Safety first– Find a safe spot to recover. If you’ve been seriously injured this might not be an option. In all events, try to position yourself in a safe location.
- Do Not Keep Driving– This one might seem obvious, but every year there are thousands of hit and run reports. It’s important that you stop, and get out of your car immediately.
- Check for injury-Check your body thoroughly for cuts, bruises, and breaks. If you are able, check on family and other passengers that might have been injured.
- Call the authorities– In most cases this will be the police. You should be able to access them by simply calling 911 via any phone in the United States.
- Write down the drivers information– If possible take pictures of the accident, your injuries, and the location where it happened. Also get the name, driver’s license number, insurance, officer badge number and witness information.
What you might be asking if you’ve had a Long Beach personal injury or car accident
If you have recently experienced a personal injury due to a car accident, whether you are at fault of not, you might be asking yourself these questions:
- What to do after a car accident (not my fault)?
- How will I pay my medical bills and expenses?
- I didn’t have auto insurance at the time of the accident, do I have a case?
- What to do after a car accident my fault?
- Do I need to find Long Beach car accident lawyer?
- What to do when a car hits your car?
- Can I afford a lawyer?
- What are the steps to take after a car accident?
If you’re looking for the best car accident lawyer, our easy to read tips will help you make the right choice. You’ve just experienced one of the most traumatic incidences in your life, a roadway collision. While your mind might be racing, and your thoughts are spiraling out of control, it’s important to stay in control. As a result, you’ll be able to make smart decisions.
Another part is that it may feel like parting the red sea to find a reliable, trustworthy Long Beach car accident lawyer. However knowing what to look for in a good lawyer is half the battle. Another important fact on choosing a Long Beach car accident lawyer can be found below.
How to choose the best Long Beach Car Accident Lawyer
Especially relevant to choosing the right Long Beach car accident lawyer is to take your time. Most Long Beach car accident lawyers will be adept at handling roadway collisions, and personal injury cases. In addition, begin your search for the best Long Beach car accident lawyer by asking these questions:
- How long have you been a Long Beach car accident lawyer?
- How long does it take to resolve personal injury cases like mine?
- What is your contingency fee?
- Within your career, how many car accident cases have you taken to trial?
- How many cases do you settle?
- Would you say that my type of case is your specialty?
- Have you handled other clients with cases similar to mine?
- Are you a part of a BAR (professional body of lawyers) association, or organization?
- What areas of law do you specialize?
- How many cases are you currently handling?
- How long will it take for you to return phone calls?
- Can you provide references from past clients?
In conclusion, please remember that you have options. Long Beach has a wide array of lawyers, take time, ask questions and choose the right one. that are loo is to educate yourself, and find someone you can trust.
Looking for a Personal Injury Attorney in Long Beach? Let us help.