Are you looking for a motorcycle accident lawyer in Long Beach?
Finding a motorcycle accident lawyer Long Beach can be tough. Motorcycles give us a true sense of freedom, of flying. They make us feel like we are uninhibited. However, each time we crank that engine, we are at risk for a motorcycle accident. A survey published in 2017 by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration stated that 35,092 people lost their lives, in 2015 from car accident & motorcycle accidents. As a motorcyclist, we have to make quick decisions. Injuries from motorcycles alone can be twice as deadly and often lead to paralysis or loss of limb. Accidents are prone to happen. However, with careful planning and research you’ll be able to get the help you need. This article is designed to help you find the right motorcycle accident lawyer in Long Beach.
How to find a good motorcycle accident lawyer in Long Beach
To find a good motorcycle accident lawyer in Long Beach begin by generating a list of 5 to 10 lawyers either through the personal referrals, the internet, yellow pages or local television commercials. Then proceed to call each one, with the intent on not settling on one lawyer. When listening and interviewing be careful to pay attention to the chemistry you have with the prospective lawyer. You want to feel as if this legal representative makes you feel comfortable and takes the time to carefully explain terms and the whole process. Keep in mind this isn’t your friend, however, you should feel as if this lawyer is passionate about fighting for you. Here are some great questions to ask during the interview process:
Ask about the motorcycle accident lawyers long beach experience.
- How many personal injury trials has he or she handled? Of those, how many did he or she win?
- What percentage of his or her practice is in the personal injury area of expertise that you need?
- How long has he or she been in practice?
You want a lawyer whose been through the process before and has a high rate of winning cases. Remember this is about protecting yourself be selfish in terms of making sure the lawyer is a champion from the start.
How can the motorcycle accident lawyer long beach be contacted
- What’s their response time?
- Would the lawyer handle the case personally or would it be passed on to some other lawyer or support staff in the firm? If other lawyers or staff may do some of the work, could you meet them?
Don’t be afraid to ask how the lawyer can be contacted. Ask for a general time of response, and don’t overlook this step. Keep in mind, that being a lawyer is a business, and it requires for them to work with multiple clients. However, you should never feel as though you are a low priority. Look for a response be in the range of 24-48 hours which is adequate.
Is the motorcycle accident lawyer long beach willing to work with you
- What problems does the lawyer foresee with your case?
- How would the lawyer go about handling your situation? What is the process?
- How long will the case take?
- How would the lawyer charge for his or her services? Fixed, hourly rate or contingency fee?
- What types of experts would the lawyer use to prove your case?
- Is there a time limit by which you must settle the case or file a lawsuit?
When you have a legal problem, generally we don’t have the means to pay upfront. Get an idea of how the lawyer is willing to work with you in terms of payment. Some lawyers prefer a retainer fee and some lawyers will accept the payment after your case is victorious. However, make sure to discuss if a payment is required if a case is lost.
Reducing your list of motorcycle accident lawyer long beach
After interviewing your list if lawyers, choose the top 3 lawyers that seemed the most qualified and that you developed the best chemistry with. Contact them a second time on the next business day and give them some details about your case and build a rapport with them. Setup an appointment to meet them face to face if you are able enough. Many lawyers will be willing to meet with you for a half-hour or so at no charge so that you can make an informed decision. After this process, you should have a pretty good feel of who you would prefer to represent your case.
What information will I need to provide to present to my motorcycle accident lawyer long beach?
Once you select lawyer it is best to gather all the documents and information pertaining to your case so that the process goes smoothly. Below is a general checklist of items that your motorcycle accident lawyer long beach may request or need:
- Name and address of ambulance service
- Name and address of the emergency room where you were taken
- Dates you were admitted to the emergency room and the hospital
- Names and business address of all doctors who examined you
- Names and addresses of chiropractors if applicable
- Start and End dates you missed work because of the accident
- Names of all people who were involved in the accident
- Names and addresses of witnesses to the accident
- Name and telephone number of each insurance adjuster you have spoken with
- List of people you have talked to about the accident or your injuries
- Accident report
- Copies of any written statements
- Your motorcycle insurance policy along with the “declarations” page or “coverage certificate” that sets forth what kinds of coverage you have purchased and what the policy limits are
- Your homeowner’s or renter’s policy, along with the declarations page or coverage certificate
- Medical or disability insurance policy or coverage certificate
- Other policies, including major medical, hospitalization, veterans insurance
- All correspondence you have received from any insurer about the accident or your injuries
- Medical bills
- Receipts for things you have had to buy because of your injury
- Receipts for things you have had to fix because of the accident
Looking to find a Personal Injury Lawyer in Long Beach? Check out our guide here.